Our Alternative Budget for 2019 is an ambitious and fully-costed plan to help families live decent and affordable lives by driving down daily living costs and investing in public services.
The detailed proposals contained in #AffordableLives present a vision for a healthy society and a sustainable economy based on fairness, shared prosperity, dependable public services and quality infrastructure.
In our alternative Budget proposals, we set out five key goals:
- To make housing affordable
- To fully commit to the delivery of a new health service based on the Sláintecare proposals
- To drive down the cost of living for families
- To vastly improve public services and supports for families, older people, and people with disabilities, and
- To provide extra protections for our environment
Watch: Our #AffordableLives Plan
Our Alternative Budget 2019 presents our vision for a fairer future where people can afford to live affordable lives.
Watch Catherine Murphy TD and Róisín Shortall TD explain how we would cut the cost of living, make housing affordable, improve our health service and better protect our environment.